Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Miss you long time!

Wow...it's been ages since I last updated my blog. Trust me, it isn't because my life has suddenly paused and nothing has happened! Quite the opposite, in fact...I've been busy and life has kind of gotten away with me. Anyway, here I am.

Today, I turn 35 years old. Ick, even writing that sentence made my stomach do weird flips and flops. That number means I'm on the downhill slope towards that age that begins with the letter "f" and ends with "y." Double ick. And so, I find myself wistfully pondering the passage of time. Ha! No, I'm actually sitting in my office, bundled up in a fleece against the rabid air conditioning that causes my office to hover around 40 degrees, kind of oblivious to the whole birthday thing. Don't get me wrong, I like receiving presents and well wishes as much as the next girl, but today just seems like any other day.

So, I'm going to treat it like any other day. This isn't the day I head downhill towards forty...today, is just another sunny, summer day. I'll teach composition in my summer session class; I'll go to the barn and teach a lesson to a fabulous young rider; I'll work with my own horse; I'll speak with friends; I'll celebrate the fact that the National League won the All-Star Game; I'll have a turkey sandwich and diet 7-Up for lunch; I'll snuggle with my dog; I'll water my flowers in my window boxes; I'll listen to music while I work. It's just like any other day....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment