Friday, July 15, 2011

Can't...stop....looking

I am completely obsessed with catalogs.  My husband laughs when he sees how excited I get when a new catalog comes in the mail.  Of course, most of my catalogs are horse-related...Dover, SmartPak, Valley Vet Supply, Wild Horsefeathers, Back in the Saddle (there are a couple of sweaters in that catalog that I lust after). 

I can look at catalogs hundreds of times.  The big, annual Dover catalog sits out for the whole year.  Their ubiquitous sales catalogs are devoured time and again...at least, until the next sales catalog comes along.  I even read all the supplement descriptions in Smart Pak, even supplements that I'll know I'll never need for Obe (like energy builders). 

I haven't had a catalog come in the mail for a couple of weeks now, and I'm beginning to feel the strain.  When Jim went out to the mailbox this afternoon, I watched his reflection in the TV screen, craning my neck to see what he was pulling out of the box.  When he came in, I saw some colorful pages in his hands, and my heart began to race.  Unfortunately, it was merely a class catalog for the local community college (NOT the one we teach at...like I'm going to look at that catalog).  Not the kind of catalog I want. 

There's always the online version...but there's something about having those glossy pages in my hand that I can flip back and forth...something compelling. 

Come on, mailman, bring me a catalog!

No comments:

Post a Comment