Thursday, April 12, 2012

My turn...

This Saturday...it's MY turn.  It's my turn to be the one getting dressed, getting packed, bathing MY horse and braiding MY horse's mane.  After years of watching others....after years of HELPING others so that they could be successful...now I get to do it!!!

When I pause in all the craziness of getting ready for a show, I can't help but be grateful for where I am.  I've worked hard over the past couple of years to be in a place both in my riding and in my finances so that I can afford to show.  I'm proud of that work...and now I get to see it come to fruition.  Sure, it freaks me out a bit to think that I'm getting what I want.  But, I'm not letting that be at the forefront of my mind.  When I swing up on Obe at that show on Saturday, and we march off towards the warm up, I'm going to smile up into the shining sun and be GRATEFUL. 

It brings tears to my eyes just typing it.  I may be a slobbery mess at the show!  That'll make for some great photos!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment