Sunday, January 31, 2010

Why we do this

Building from our conversation in class last Tuesday, I thought I'd share a video that sums up some of what we were saying. While I am very in touch with the realities of living with and working with horses (Obe makes sure I am with every ride!), there is still something undeniable about the emotional power of horses, especially in the bond between horses and women. I'm still working at fleshing out a complete theory of this, but the song in the video does a very good job at summarizing it in one sentence, "They don't care that I'm broken." Don't worry, this isn't going to be a therapy session, but I KNOW that there are those of you who will connect with this video. So, watch and listen and remember why we do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrFJFHRlsp8

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cry!
    jg

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the (many) reasons I quit riding as a teenager was because I was in a very pondering phase where I questioned everything. I could not figure out what the point of riding horses was (just being fun did not seem good enough at that time). When I started again in college I realized that every week when I went for a lesson I felt so good inside. "The point" became less important and the passion grew. It is hard to explain, but it is very important, at least to me it is!

    ReplyDelete