Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"It's a start!"

This coming Friday, I have my first off-campus lesson with Debra.  Jim and Barbara are kindly letting me borrow the farm's truck and trailer to take Obe to a farm in Waynesville that has a small covered arena.  Debra will meet me there for a lesson. 

I'm trying VERY HARD to contain my excitement!  I have no idea how Obe is going to react since we're trailering by ourselves.  I'm hoping that her reaction will be very positive - she tends to get attached to any horse she trailers with.  At shows, she doesn't like to leave that horse, or have that horse leave her, her do anything that doesn't involve keeping track of her brand new BFF that rode on the trailer with her!  Trailering her alone may take care of that issue.  Of course, there will be other horses at this farm, and I'm sure she'll be all curious about them.  I'm interested to see how well I can get her attention and get her to focus. 

I'm also very glad that Debra will be there.  She's so experienced and talented (yet incredibly down-to-earth).  Her presence is calming and reassuring. 

So....we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment