Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The most respectful thing we can do...

I don't know Andrea, and I've never met Gogo, but I have kept up with their adventures and lives through Andrea's blog.  Andrea has made the decision to do the most respectful thing she can for Gogo.  In the animal world, we call it "sending her over the Bridge," meaning the Rainbow Bridge (which is an image from Norse mythology). 

Andrea, I don't know if you'll ever read this - a blog from a stranger you've never even heard from (apart from a couple of comments I put on your blog).  Please know that there are many others who have shed tears for Gogo.  She leaves this world with so much love and care - from you, from your friends, from those who have anonymously followed her travails online. 

On the other side of the bridge, she'll meet a handsome, tall, bright red gelding named Flash.  Even though he's been on the other side for four years, he still looms large in my dreams.  His arthritic, crooked right knee is straight again, and you should see how the wind whips his mane as he gallops like he did when he was younger.  Gogo's suspensory will be whole - the light in her eyes will return - and she will gallop with those beautiful bare feet with Flash and all the other loved horses that await her. 

I know it doesn't seem like it, but the pain gets a little easier to bear.  Sometimes I wonder...if it doesn't still hurt, am I still remember Flash like I should?  I know that I am.  Just because the tears stop doesn't mean I don't remember and love him. 

My prayers are with you and your beautiful mare...godspeed, Gogo.

No comments:

Post a Comment